Friday, November 03, 2006

Headhunters

Now there comes a time when we all need a good headhunter. And I hope there's a good headhunter around when I next might need one. But I hope I haven't annoyed too many of them. Between the job ad on Russell's blog and here, I've had a fair few CV's and I gather there might be some unimpressed headhunters out there. Sorry about that.

But they've all been interesting CV's - and some approaches have been really innovative. I've been really blown away, in fact. And that these folks have come through these channels says oodles about them - by default, web savvy, involved in the community of planning, and Russell's site is as good as a recommendation as you need.

Perhaps, and here's the kicker, we need to build a community around our headhunters - perhaps a blog or knowledge exchange or virtual book club - where we can keep in touch with our headhunters and they, us. And jobs and candidates somehow magically get connected up. It's time to get with the programme.

1 comment:

Henry Lambert said...

I think you've given head hunters a wake up call. Haven't you just proven that head hunting in it's current form is becoming irrelevant? Head hunters like all other businesses are going to have to realise that the web can connect people like never before, making old fashioned introductory services less and less important.